Monday 20th June 2016 (9:20 pm)
A Peaceful Son et Lumiére
for the summer solstice
Photo: Stuart Moore
As the sun goes down at 9.20pm on Monday June 20th St. Michael and All Angels will be lit by candles. A recording of the Ensemble Organum's reconstruction of the 18th century Plain Chant from the Cathédrale D'Auxerre (Burgundy) will be played - lasting about 60 minutes.
Wander in and enjoy a moment of peace or meditation and soak up the atmosphere in this lovely building.
This event is supported by Music in the Village. There is no charge. A collection plate for voluntary contributions towards the maintenance of the fabric of St. Michael and All Angels will be by the door.
St. Michael and All Angels
Walthamstow, London E17 6PQ
Free, with retiring collection.
Music in the Village : Next Season
- October 13th 2016: The English Cornett and Sackbut Ensemble
- November 24th 2016: Carole Cerasi - virtuoso harpsichordist
- January 26th 2017: Dame Emma Kirkby - songs by Dowland
- March 2nd 2017: The Fitzwilliam String quartet with Anna Tilbrook & Tom Randle
- TBA (Late March or early April 2017)
- May 11th 2017: Collegium Musicum 90
Music in the Village
Music in the Village is a not for profit organisation, its aim to provide affordable concerts of the highest standard. Generous donations from Music in the Village friends have enabled us to avoid raising the price of tickets for one more year during these difficult times. (2015/6 season flyer downloadable here PDF 251 KB):